Exhibition: Operation Art
In conjunction with Operation Art – the Wiregrass Museum of Art’s class and studio program for veterans and active duty service members – WMA will host an exhibition from June 5 through September 28, 2019 featuring the original artwork of Operation Art students. In addition to original artwork, we are seeking photographs from our community to feature in the exhibition.
This open call is for veterans and active duty service members to share a photograph(s) taken during their time of service. Along with the photograph, it is asked that the artist provides a statement to coincide with the submitted work(s). This statement should include the location of the photograph, when it was taken, and what you remember from the time taking the photograph. Limit your statement to 500 words.
Entry Terms and Conditions
- Can submit up to 3 photographs
- Name and contact information (phone and email address)
- Digital file of the photograph or mailed on a disc; film negatives accepted, clearly label the submitted works
- Please note: discs and film will not be returned without return postage
- Object information: year photograph was taken, location of photo, story of photograph, up to 500 words
- All information needs to be submitted to Amanda Holcomb at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Wiregrass Museum of Art
c/o Amanda Holcomb
126 Museum Ave.
Dothan, AL 36303
- All photographs need to be submitted no later than May 11, 2019 at 11:59pm, central
- Notification of acceptance on May 15, 2019
For those wishing to submit photographs by mail, please download the entry form here and send it along with your photographs.