March into Spring Art Projects
Even though it’s 45 degrees outside as I type this post, Punxsutawney Phil said that Spring is here and I choose to be hopeful! We have searched the internet for a variety of fun Spring art projects for you and your students to try out in your classrooms. We hope you find some bright and sunny inspiration below!
And don’t forget: if you have a question or something you would like to see us address here in The Educator’s Lair, click the “Ask WMA’s Educators” link to the right!
- COFFEE FILTER SUN CATCHERS: We love using coffee filters for projects and these tulip sun catchers will help you celebrate the sunny days ahead. These easy to follow instructions allow for modifications: your students can create any kind of shape/flower they want!
- DIY FLOWER PRINTS: This video shows you how to make simple “stamps” out of cardboard tubes and even paper that you then use to create a beautiful flower print. The second example used hot glue to make the tube but you could easily substitute that for classroom glue.
- SPRING LANDSCAPES: With a simple accordion fold, this project will help your students understand the use of space in a landscape.
- LEAF RELIEFS: We always love discovering what Cassie Stephens is creating with her students. These beautiful leaf reliefs will help your students celebrate the beauty of nature!
FREE STANDING TREE SCULPTURE: The project was designed to be a Fall tree but this would be so easy to modify into a beautiful blossoming, Spring tree! We love that your students can create three dimensional art using nothing more than paper bags and scissors.
- PAPER FLOWER COLLAGE: This is a beautiful project as it is but I can’t help but we think this would be another fun way to incorporate your beautiful Gelli printed paper!
- VAN GOGH SPRING: We love Van Gogh inspired projects and this one is STUNNING! It’s from Teachers Pay Teachers, so there is a small fee, but it is a great project.
WOVEN BOWLS: We are always surprised by how much students love working with fibers/textiles. These bowls will introduce your students to weaving using only yarn and a paper plate. Choose some bright Spring colors and get creating!
- PAPER MACHE AQUARIUMS: This STEM lesson plan will acquaint students with different species of fish and impart the importance of recycling in your community!