Applications are now open for the 2022/2023 WMA Teen Cohort!
We are looking for up to 12 area Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who love art and the connections art can make in a community. This committee will work together to create and implement museum programming for teens, by teens. During this school year long commitment, committee members will learn all about museum operations from the WMA Staff and they will have the chance to meet with regional artists who can help guide them in their artistic pursuits post high school. The committee will also create, prep, and host Teen Night for area teens, learning valuable skills such as budgeting, event planning, marketing/promotions, and project management. OH! And did we mention that there’s a $300 stipend for those who successfully complete the program?
- WMA programming by teens, for teens.
- Open to Wiregrass Area Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Looking for up to 12 for the first year.
- All applicants must attend ONE of the following Application Workshops in order for their applications to be considered complete:
- Thursday, September 1st from 4 PM to 5 PM
- Thursday, September 8th from 4 PM to 5 PM
- Participants will receive a stipend (planning work) and community service hours (working the events).
- Participants must attend all 14 monthly meetings: October-May; additional meetings possible closer to events.
- Participants will learn about careers in art with presentations from museum staff and local/regional artists and creatives.
- Participants will create and execute one teen–oriented program/event, with the opportunity to participate in another smaller project, like Free Little Art Supplies Libraries.
- Participants are also charged with promoting the WMA Teen programming (distributing marketing materials, communicating with peers, etc.)
- This is a yearly commitment though participants can be reappointed. WMA staff will review applications and make selections for members each year. Previous WMA Teen members must reapply for consideration in the upcoming year.
The 2022/2023 WMA Teens cohort is accepting applications now through September 19th. To apply, click here.
WHAT SELECTED PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN FROM THE EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the art/museum industry
- Skill building:
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Interpersonal and Professional skills
- Sense of ownership in WMA’s vision to “inspire creativity to enhance the everyday lives of its community…” and mission to inspire “a lifelong appreciation for the visual arts by providing innovative educational programs that engage diverse audiences through the collection and exhibition of quality works.”
- Community pride
- Financial support for students’ work
Save the date for Teen Night! Saturday, April 22nd at WMA.