Open for extended evening hours on the third Thursday of the month: 5:30 – 8:00pm.
The Museum is closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Any additional closures will be posted on the website calendar.
Parking is available in the lot adjacent to the Museum or across the street in the Dothan Civic Center parking lot.
THINGS TO KNOW
At WMA, ‘art elevates the everyday’, and we invite you to explore creativity and innovation at the museum! WMA is the Wiregrass region’s leading collecting, visual arts museum, and we welcome all audiences – from members to first-time visitors, and all ages. Thanks to the generous support of the City of Dothan and our members and donors, general admission to the museum is always free. As you visit the museum, please remember:
- Guided tours, field trips, and art activities are available for groups of all sizes and ages. Click here for more information and to schedule your tour experience.
- WMA is handicap accessible. There is a ramp at the main entrance (facing Museum Avenue) and an elevator to access all galleries and the studio. We also offer a wheelchair if any visitors would like to use it within our facilities. If you need special accommodations, please reach out by phone to 334-794-3871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We love children and babies and welcome them to explore exhibitions with an adult. Strollers are permitted in the galleries, and please take care to navigate safely around the art.
- Please do not touch works of art. It is prohibited to touch any artwork in the galleries. Many pieces are very fragile, and even a fingertip can leave a damaging oil residue on a painting, sculpture, or object.
- Only service animals (dogs) who are trained to do work or perform a task for persons with disabilities are permitted in the galleries.
- No weapons or banned substances are permitted at WMA.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the galleries.
- Photography is permitted in all public spaces and in the galleries, except where otherwise noted, but the use of flash is not, as it will damage works of art over time. We encourage you to take photos and share your WMA experience! Please tag @WiregrassMuseum and use #wiregrassmuseumofart when posting your photographs online.
- Still photography and video taken from a handheld device of objects in the permanent collection are permitted for personal, non-distribution, noncommercial use only. Please refrain from photographing any work of art where noted restrictions apply. Tripods, lights, selfie-sticks, and other camera accessories are not permitted. No photographs or video may be reproduced, published, distributed, sold, transferred, or otherwise commercially exploited without written permission from WMA. The Wiregrass Museum of Art retains all reproduction rights for its photographic images, films, and sound recordings, unless they are already in the public domain. For more information about use of images, please contact email@example.com.
- Sketching is encouraged in the museum’s permanent collection galleries and select special exhibitions. You may write notes or sketch in the galleries using only dry media, such as pencils and crayons. Please refrain from leaning against walls or glass cases while sketching.
For additional questions about your visit to WMA, call 334-794-3871.