Renowned floral designer Christy Griner Hulsey leads flower enthusiasts in a 2 hour (or length of class) course full of inspiration and beauty.
Learn how to stay true to your aesthetic while celebrating the season, finding beauty in all stages of life and using nature as a tool to create art and tell your story.
In this very special, hands-on floral arranging workshop you’ll use a fresh approach to create a petite centerpiece marrying rich southern style with traditional Japanese art of Ikebana.
You’ll also learn how to apply the philosophies of Ikebana into your designs to create work you love that is meaningful and natural.
The course includes, discussion of tools & techniques, how to apply the philosophies of Ikebana to all designs and a live demo of a southern style Ikebana-Inspired centerpiece.
Guests will be given a guided demonstration on flower arranging using kenzans and will also be given time to create their own arrangement.
IKEBANA INSPIRED CENTERPIECE DEMO
- Tools and Techniques for Ikebana Floral Arrangements
- Using the Principles of Ikebana in All of Your Designs
- Live Demo of an Ikebana-Inspired Centerpiece
- How to Take a Fresh Approach to Design
- Sourcing + Designing with Art in Mind
You’ll leave with:
– Fresh Flowers
– 1 Brass Kenzan (Japanese flower frog)
- 1 vase